Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Guitar Players

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_PioneerBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    1,120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Guitar Players

    Who are some of your guys favorites?? I have to say my personal favorites are Eddie Van Halen, Angus Young, and Slash.
    Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_PioneerBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    1,120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guitar Players

    I'd also add Aldo Nova to that [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guitar Players

    Zakk Wylde....best of the past 20 years.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Guitar Players

    no way...

    Zakk is talented, but they're many who are better. Dimebag, Johnny Lang, Kirk Hammet, Alexi from Children of Bodom is unreal. Jack Johnson is one heck of a guitar player as well, it depends on the style as well. There are many talented players out there.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guitar Players

    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guitar Players

    Of all the guitar players you mention all of 'em have played basically the same 3 chords and the same three riffs on every album they have ever released. I personally met Dimebag in 1991 in Dallas, Texas after Pantera had played a club show. I like Dimebag and I like his playing, but his overall catalog has little variation. Hammett has bored me to death ever since "And Justice for All" was released. There are alot of good guitarists, but until I hear one with Zakk's versitility, mastery of all styles, and precision I'll never sway from my opinion. Zakk is one of the few musicians of the past 20 years that would have sounded just the same even if he came along 10 years earlier than he did. His playing on Ozzy's albums is incomparable. Randy Rhodes was great, but Zakk makes ya forget about him. Every Black Label Society album is great, as are Book of Shadows and Pride and Glory. He can play it all, and in my mind there is no comparison. With the exceptions of Jack Johnson and Alexi I have personally seen all of the guitarists mentioned on this thread Live, and really, there is no comparison. If ya don't believe me, in March go to Winston-Salem and see for yourself.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #7
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guitar Players

    Even though they're relatively new to the rock scene as far as exposure...anyone ever heard of Herman Li and Sam Totman of the group "Dragonforce"? Those guys are effing insane. I've only gotten to hear their most recent songs (Operation Ground and Pound, Through The Fire and The Flames), but these guys are so technical while at the same time pulling out some crazy and heavy power riffs. I'm digging them hard at the moment.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Guitar Players

    I have seen them all actually, all those I have mentioned. Like I said, its a matter of style, most if not all of them in style vary. The 3 chord thing to me is played out, but I understand what your saying, Hammet I presonally feel reached his peak on Justice, technically he is amazing. Zakk, whom I like very much though, just to me repeats himself in his solos.
    Jack Johnson and his chord progression and combinations are impressive, Alex from COB is just ridiculous.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_PioneerBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    1,120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guitar Players

    Makes you forget about Randy Rhodes?? Are you nuts man?? Randy's work on Crazy Train is legendary!!
    Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban

  10. #10
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guitar Players

    You've got Joe Perry here...
































































    And everyone else down here.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •